What a wonderful saying
“I believe in the magic of kindness”
Have you ever actually looked at the words “I believe in the magic of kindness”? What do these words mean for you? What do you think these words would mean for the people that you interact with on a daily basis?
When I see these words I see how much of a difference I can make to others. I know that with every kind word I have for someone else it makes a difference in their day. Being kind to someone else allows them to see who they really are. Kind words to someone could make the difference in their world for that day and many days in the future. Have you ever spoken to someone and realised that your kindness has actually made their day? Do you realise that your kindness could actually save their lives? There are days when the kindness of a stranger or of friends and family really is what makes the world a better place to live. The kindness that is shown to someone can and has been known to save their lives. Being kind to someone who has the self-worth and belief that they are worth little to nothing could be the thing that has them realise that they are actually worth something.
Have you ever had one of those days when life is a little more challenging than you are able to deal with? Sometimes you might find that there are more of those days than the one. It could be two or three or it could be more.
Have you then had someone on those days be kind to you? How did that make you feel?
I can remember when I was unwell and there were a lot of days that where a challenge and it felt that I was not able to be the person that I wanted to be. That there were more challenges than I was able to take on. It is in those times that my friends or my family members have been there with their kindness. That kindness was what had me start to believe in myself again. They were there to show me who I was really.
With each moment of kindness there was more light that came into my life. When there was enough light for me to see on a very regular basis it became much easier for me to see the things that I could be grateful for and be kind to myself.
Those little glimmers of kindness that you give to yourself or someone gives to you provides the space to recover from the pain that has built up over time.
7 ways you can be kind to others?
- Smile at a stranger as you walk down the street or through the shopping centre.
- Find something nice to say to someone that you don’t know, it could be as simple as “I like your dress”, “You have a warm and inviting smile”, “That colour suits you”.
- Find all the good things in your friend or family member and focus on those things. When you focus on the good things that you see in your friend you will get to see more of those good things.
- If you have a friend or a family member that has been looking at a particular item in the shops or admiring something that you have and you want to do something special you could purchase that item as a gift, wrap it up with special paper and bows and give it to them.
- Cook a meal and take it around to someone especially when you know that things are a little more of a challenge for them than they need to be.
- Take time to discover what that person means to you and let them know who they are for you.
- If you know that someone is struggling give your time and spend some time with them. Simply being with someone shows that they are special and you care about them.
7 ways to be kind to yourself?
- For a period of 21 days write down all the things you are grateful for about you. These things are to do with who you are, what you look like, your courage, strength and everything in between.
- Give yourself the night off from cooking and get a take away for dinner.
- Give yourself the permission to give yourself a gift that you have been wanting for a long time. It does not have to cost very much. It simply is something that you have been denying yourself for some time.
- If you have not been giving yourself time to recover, rest and relax you can book some time into your schedule to do that and be with yourself.
- If you have wanted to do a course or join a group be it sporting or recreational or even volunteer at a cause that is special to you. Book that into your schedule as this will fill your needs for self-worth and confidence.
- Book yourself in for a massage, pedicure or manicure so you can feel treasured and nurtured.
- Book time in for have a bath, grab a glass, put a candle on and go and soak and release the tension in your body from the day, week or month.
What are you doing today that will be either kindness to yourself or involve kindness to others?
Call me now on 0408 940 658
skype me on ButterflyDawn4mums
email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat